The more of these “best-practices” you follow, the easier your job will be.
- Style the smallest view first. Work outward, pulling the view wider until something gets ugly, create a media query, and fix it.
- The design dictates the breakpoints, NOT the device size. Popular device sizes change constantly, better to make the design expand to fit everything.
- Work from the outside of the page and work your way-in so you can inherit as much as possible and add only what’s needed.
- Define the default font-style as a % value and assign it to the body tag so users can scale. All measurements in the document should be defined with “EM” values (accept line widths, use “px”).
- Media Queries should always be defined with EM values.